Things seemed a little crowded in the studio lately and my hand written Quilts Under Construction list hard to read. A lot of movement on the list! Then I added things up. Rather than go down, the number went up. So be it.
Yes, 45. Still, I am totally okay with that. It sure represents a lot of making. But it is always around this time of year that I get in the mood to finish. Finish. All. The. Things. I don't know that I could actually do that without starting something new. But I can make my way through a good chunk. Starting with quilting the 5 quilts I have basted. That seems like a good place to start a finish.
Quilts Being Quilted
- Low Volume Circles - oh, the hand quilting. But it intimidates a lot less now so maybe this winter.
- A potential book quilt, if I decide to write the book.
- Tag Fabric quilt 1 - a future pattern.
- Tag Fabric quilt 2 - another future pattern.
- Tag Fabric quilt 3 - alternative to a pattern.
- Kenzie's Quilt - a baby quilt I've never shared here before.
- Arkison in Australia
- Kawasaki's Theorem/Maze and Vale
- Scraps Go Round
- Inception Pillow from the Mighty Lucky Challenge in July
- Mod Christmas Tree II
- Giant Hexagons
- Circle Lattice
- Low Volume Shoeman's Puzzle
- Red Oh Canada
- Cirrus Solids Pinhweel Play
- Evil Genius' triangle quilt that only needs side borders to fit her bed
- Kids' clothes quilt started in Gee's Bend workshop
- Hand pieced Diamonds
- Neutral Values
- Studio Slash/Edges Improv Piece
- Indigo/Book of Negroes/Slaveship quilt
- Mid Mod Bee quilt
- X-Plus blocks from Creative Live Low Volume Class
- Respite from Bill Kerr design workshop
- Chandelier quilt that needs to be fixed and resewn
- Monster's name Quilt
- Park Blocks
- Pink Pinwheels from Creative Live Pinwheel Play class
- Nobody, a bias tape experiment from January Might Lucky Quilt Club
- Tula Stripes from July Mighty Lucky Quilt Club
- Summer Bloom
- March blocks
- Small Wonders
- Liberty Circles
- Sherbet Stars
- Diamonds and Logs
- Up, Up, and Away
- Beach Grass version two
- Splendid Sampler
- Lotta blocks from pattern testing
Now, as I'm writing these, I see there are a number of projects I haven't blogged about. Some I can't blog about yet, but others are long overdue. Sharing them with you here will help move them forward. And I can tell you this, I won't be sewing anything else until at least 5 of the quilts listed at the top as being quilted are bound and done. Yay for deadlines! I'm sure I will need some playtime after that, so expect to see more then for sure.
People often say that seeing a list like this of their own work is frightening or depressing. Not I! It merely represents a heck of a lot of creative action.
What's on your list?