Wow, I finally finished the grass quilt. And I can tell you that I lost count of how many bobbins I used but I went through five spools of 100 metres and two half spools on 500 metres of thread! That's a lot of thread!
Speaking of the thread, I used my new favourite kind of thread for quilting: Presencia Mercerized Egyptian Cotton. I've made a few quilts with this thread now and I'm hooked. It doesn't break, the lint isn't too bad, and the colours are wonderfully saturated. For the grass quilt I used three different greens and alternated colours for each row of grass that I quilted.
The binding still needs to go on, maybe tonight. It will be another multi-pieced one. First I need to sneak into the closet in the girls room and grab my bin of green fabrics. Smilosaurus was having a rough day and went to bed early, early tonight. Hmm, maybe I'll skip the binding and head to bed myself because I feel an early morning coming on.
PS Stay tuned for one of my announcements later this week...