Periodically, I must take stock of all the quilts Under Construction. I actually find it quite freeing, not depressing. It's a good exercise for me - what have I been doing, am I still interested in what is here? The last time I did this was 18 months ago
, so it was definitely time for a check-in. And yes, the list got bigger.
Check out Sew Mama Sew
's Slow Sewing series for my post on embracing all the quilts under construction
, no more UFOs versus WIPs!
Quilt Tops Ready for Quilting
1. Cosmos Blocks
- I initially thought I donated this for Quilts for Calgary, but it still sits in my closet.
2. Improv Sampler
- still sitting there, waiting for it's turn on long arm rental day.
from Sunday Morning Quilts - again, nothing to see here...
4. Slaveship Quilt
- nope, nothing here either...
5. Old Amy Butler quilt top - still sitting there...
6. The Evil Genius' Triangle Quilt
- she wanted it big enough for her bed, but that was when she was getting a single bed. We recently got her a double, so we may have to add to this.
7. A low volume rainbow mini quilt that I've never shared with you.
- waiting for the floors to be cleaned for basting. Much harder with a dog in the house again.
9. Giant Hexagons
- waiting for me to decide how to quilt it.
10. One intended for a magazine that I can't share
Quilts Being Quilted
11. Low Volume Circles
- I'm plugging away on the hand quilting, slowly. Actually, I don't think I've touched this in 2 years. Maybe this winter?
12. QuiltCon Quilt
- based on my work in Denyse Schmidt's Improv Class. Currently in line with Urban Quiltworks for her magic on the long arm.
13. All voile quilt
- also at Urban Quiltworks
14. Antonio's Quilt
- For some reason I've stalled on the quilting, yet I don't have much more to do.
Blocks and Process
15. Mid Mod Bee
- Blocks to be assembled into a top
16. Hand Pieced Diamonds
- I think I'm done with these, but I would like to get it into a quilt top.
17. More Cosmic Burst blocks
- I have a whole other set of blocks for a baby quilt
18. Name quilt for my daughter
- still haven't done anything on this. It might become the back for a new bed quilt for her. Maybe.
19. Chandelier quilt - was so close, then discovered a big mistake and have never fixed it
20. Liberty Circles
- These have sat, but I was recently thinking about them. Maybe this winter?
21. Blue and green Christmas Tree quilt - I cut the pieces, then promptly put them away
22. Respite - a project started in a Bill Kerr
23. Pieced Stars
- a BOM I started years ago when I wanted to do some precision piecing breaks when doing a lot of improv
24. The Water Quilt
25. Low Volume Shoeman's Puzzle/Slab blocks
26. A values quilt
in neutrals (Class sample, so I keep adding more blocks each time I teach the class)
27. Green/Yellow/Orange Improv blocks (Class sample, so I keep adding more blocks each time I teach the class)
28. Sunday Morning in Solids
29. Edges/Studio Stash Play
- I do hope to finish this for a friend. It requires a day or two with no deadlines/kids in the studio
30. One red/purple turquoise quilt intended for magazine publication
31. Sherbet, with more volume
for my nephew - need to pull this out for my piecing without thinking as everything is cut and started
32. Beach Grass Take 2
- this would make a perfect bed quilt for the girls and their new beds. And it goes together so quickly...
33. Y2K quilt
- slowly, slowly with this one as I piece it as leaders and enders
34. Another leaders and enders project, intended to be like Up, Up, and Away from Sunday Morning Quilts
35. Round and Round
blocks - these are addictive and I wish I could make them all day long
36. Snippets on Dates
37. Circle Lattice
38. Leftovers from Modern Paris
39. Orange Circles from Craftsy/Perfect Circles
40. New Cirrus Solids from Cloud 9 Fabrics bundle is being cut now
41. Started some blocks after being so inspired on my trip to Alabama
42. A new quilt for one of my other nephews in yellow, orange, and turquoise