Man, this was a beast to finish! I was stuck for a while and didn't want to touch this. My brain couldn't figure out how to do those white triangles on the edges and how to get the top together without inset seams. Finally, after quite a few naps I got the damn thing done. And there are still inset seams.
This is my Project Improv quilt. I wanted to try something new. Honestly, this isn't that new. The blocks were made exactly as you would a wonky log cabin, only with three sides. I used a template to trim each block to size. The layout is no different than a very traditional quilt called Thousand Pyramids. Sometimes you don't need to throw out the old when you want something new.
AmandaJean inspired this multi-coloured look with her Snippets quilt. The entire top was made from scraps/stash. That being said, I realized that I have no white batting so I still need to go shopping!